Thank you, everyone who prayed for me while I was unwell, and thank you to Revd. Chris for so kindly and generously taking last Sunday’s services.
Albie the Rectory Office Assistant has been flat out helping me today: he has a hard life…..
- Don’t forget this is on Saturday:
This is Your Life
With Dr Margaret Smith and Dr David Barkhouse of this parish Memories of medical mirth, mayhem, misadventure, and malarkey (maybe…)!
DATE: Saturday 16th January
VENUE: St Nic’s Hall
Please bring a small plate to share for morning tea.
Enquiries: please contact Sandra: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attached is a copy of the Diocesan Bulletin. Please note the dates and venues for Church Safe Training.
It is a requirement that the following attend an introduction to safe ministry training (ChurchSafe) followed by a refresher every three years:
- all those in leadership roles this includes Wardens, Parish Councillors, Children’s Ministry, and all leaders of groups or organisations in the parish
- Church workers and paid employees who are actively involved in Children’s Ministry and activities.
Whilst the Diocese recognises there are many community programs available, all church workers must attend training that is facilitated and accredited by the Diocese in keeping with the Safe Ministry to Children Canon and the Safe Ministry Training Benchmarks as outlined in the Safe Ministry to Children Canon.
- Do you like knitting? Would you like to knit doll’s clothes for children at Goodstart, which is an early learning centre based day-care in Girrawheen? Wool provided. Please speak to Karen Finlayson.
- Here at St Nic’s we are blessed with wonderful musicians whose gifts enhance our worship. When I saw this I thought of them 😊
Of course NOBODY at St Nicolas’ would throw anything at our organists, would they??? 😉
(But the musicians might want to throw things at me when I choose unfamiliar hymns ☹)
- On Sunday at 9:30 little Emily van Drunick will be baptised, so please pray for her along with her parents Wayne and Caroline and her godparents.
- This is the Evening Collect:
Be present, merciful God,
and protect us through the hours of this night:
that we, who are wearied
by the changes and chances of this fleeting world,
may rest on your eternal changelessness;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
The Reverend Lorna A M Green
Carine – Duncraig
0474 418 372
Newsletters and past updates:
– Update 14th January 2021
– Newsletter January 2021
– Update 21st December 2020
– Newsletter December 2020
– Update 17th November 2020
– Newsletter November 2020
– Newsletter October 2020
– Update 22 Sept 2020
– Update 8th September 2020
– Update 25th August 2020
– Update 18th August 2020